Friday, July 3, 2009

Simon Says "Let's Celebrate All Weekend!"

I know that July 4th is a day we celebrate our independence (although I don't know much about that just yet) and I know it's really tomorrow, but Daddy and Mommy and lots of others got today as a holiday from work so I say we start celebrating right away! We're off to NYC and we get to spend the night with Pat and Beth and see the Big Apple ... I'm not eating apples just yet but I'll go along just to see what the fuss is about. The tallest buildings I have ever seen are some of the ones right in downtown Baltimore, but I hear I'll see some so much taller than that today! And yellow cabs all over, and millions of people, and hot dog stands on almost every corner, and big bridges and a train that goes underground and even under the river! I just hope I don't sleep through too much of it all! I hope Oma & PopPop and MiMi and all of my Aunts and my Uncle Charley have plans for some fun too and we can tell each other all about it when we're together again soon. Here is Betsy Ross' contribution to our country's celebration ... I mean no disrespect, I was just starting the picnic early. For a great read on what the significance of July 4th is for us all, please go to http://www.hollydietor.blogspot.com/ . Holly Dietor's blog today is a great little history lesson and a reflection for each of us on claiming our own futures!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! That's great Little Man! Enjoy the time in the Big Apple...and love your life of independence from fear! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! Come by and check out my blog, MiMi. It's called Wrestling with Retirement.

    ReplyDelete

Isn't it fun to share? MiMi loves to share with me all of your thoughts or giggles about our little stories ... so please don't keep them to yourself ... we look for them everyday.